Every time you get in your car to go to work, pick up your children or go to the store, the potential exists that you will be involved in a car accident. According to the Ohio Department of Public Safety, nearly 300 injuries and three deaths occur each day due to car crashes.
If you have been injured in an automobile accident that wasn’t your fault, you will likely have more questions than answers. Who will pay for your car damage and your hospital bills? How will you pay for your home, food and other expenses when the injuries you’ve suffered prevent you from working? Should you talk to the insurance adjustor?
At the Toledo personal injury law firm of Gallon, Takacs, Boissoneault & Schaffer, our experienced and dedicated car accident attorneys understand the physical, emotional and financial difficulties you are facing. We will fight to secure the compensation you deserve for your pain and losses.
For more than 50 years, we have protected the rights of car accident victims and their families throughout Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan, including Toledo, Findlay, Lima, Sandusky, Oregon, Defiance, Fremont and surrounding communities.
To receive a free, no-obligation evaluation of your case and learn more about how we can help you, contact our Toledo car accident lawyers today by calling us toll-free at (800) 352-1976 or using our online contact form .
Our Experience Counts
The Ohio Department of Public Safety has listed the most common causes of Ohio car crashes. The causes include following too closely, failure to control, failure to yield, running a red light or stop sign, making improper lane changes and driving at unsafe speed.
In an automobile accident case, these causes can be related to other serious issues that may impact your personal injury or wrongful death claim. Our law firm’s auto accident attorneys have decades of experience in handling cases involving:
- Distracted driving: Talking on a cell phone or texting while behind the wheel has become a major public safety issue in Ohio, Michigan and throughout the country. In fact, Ohio transportation statistics show that driver inattention played a role in 9,454 car crashes during the past year.
- Drunk driving: Despite public safety campaigns and increased law enforcement efforts, alcohol-impaired driving accidents, or DUI accidents, continue to occur, devastating the lives of victims and their families. In 2009 alone, there were 13,426 alcohol-related crashes in Ohio, resulting in 8,039 injuries and 390 deaths. Drivers under the influence of illegal drugs and prescription medications also contribute to car accidents, injuries and fatalities.
- Drowsy driving: Instead of getting off the road and resting when tired, countless drivers press on and put other motorists at risk of injury or death. Sleepy or fatigued drivers were involved in more than 2,600 Ohio car crashes in 2009.
- Teen drivers: Newly licensed, young drivers may not recognize the dangerous consequences of speeding, racing or engaging in other reckless behavior when behind the wheel, such as talking on a cell phone, texting or drinking. National Center for Health statistics indicate that motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for teenage drivers.
- Rollovers: Although innovations such as electronic stability control have made cars safer, sport utility vehicles (SUVs) remain the car most frequently involved in rollover accidents, Ohio transportation statistics show.
- Uninsured and Underinsured motorists: All too often, people are struck by a negligent driver who either lacks adequate insurance or carries no insurance at all. Unfortunately, injured motorists frequently find themselves fighting with their own insurance company to recover under their UM / UIM policies.
The skilled and experienced Toledo car accident lawyers of Gallon, Takacs, Boissoneault & Schaffer have recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements on behalf of drivers, passengers, pedestrians and children injured in Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan car crashes, including compensation for:
- Medical expenses;
- Lost past and future income;
- Pain and suffering;
- Punitive damages.
Accident Cases We Have Handled
Although nothing can take away your pain and suffering after a car accident, we are dedicated to securing funds that will help you and your family to move forward. The victims and families we have assisted include:
- A minor child on a bicycle who suffered a brain injury when struck by a car when exiting a playground area;
- A mother and young daughter killed at a busy railroad crossing with no gates;
- A young wife and mother killed at railroad crossing with no lights or gates;
- A woman who suffered permanent injury after a drunk driver traveled left of the center line and crashed into her car;
- A woman left paralyzed by another driver who fell asleep and crossed the center lane;
- A teenage passenger paralyzed in a one-vehicle rollover accident.
Contact Our Attorneys Today
For more than 50 years, the car accident attorneys at Gallon, Takacs, Boissoneault & Schaffer have protected the rights of car accident victims and their families across Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan, including Toledo, Findlay, Lima, Sandusky, Oregon, Defiance, Fremont and surrounding communities. We are committed to solving problems and helping people move on with their lives.
If you need legal assistance with your car accident case, contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation by calling us toll-free at (800) 352-1976 or using our online contact form.