As we approach the end of another year, I thought it would be fitting to end with a list of New Year’s Resolutions geared toward clients. If you’ve followed our Personal Injury postings, these resolutions should sound familiar.
5. Resolve to remember the important role organized labor played in making the modern work and family balance possible, including 40 hour work weeks, weekends, and vacations. In other words, the American Dream for the middle class. This resolution is important because the history of the labor movement is under a constant assault from revisionists who have fallen prey to anti-union smear campaigns.
4. Resolve to thoroughly research all options when evaluating nursing home choices for your loved ones. Nursing homes are for-profit organizations run, often, by big businesses who slash operating costs at the expense of quality resident care. Make sure you meet the social worker, find out about all recreation activities, as well as the number of staff on duty to assist your loved one when they need anything.
3. Resolve to learn everything you can about your auto insurance policy. We’ve written about the need for uninsured/underinsured coverage for your automobiles due to the high number of uninsured drivers as well as the proliferation of state minimum insurance policies. The new year is a great time to make sure you and your family are properly covered.
2. Resolve to be a safe and attentive driver. Always wear your seatbelt, never text while driving, and only get behind the wheel when you are rested. There are enough negligent drivers on the road and you should not add to the total.
1. Resolve to have a happy, safe, and prosperous new year!