Monroe Law Firm Protecting Your Legal Rights
When a husband gets a phone call at work telling him his wife and child were in a serious car accident caused by a texting driver, we are there to help. When a person is no longer able to work due to a disability, we are there to help with Social Security Disability. When a family loses their grandmother during what should have been a simple hip replacement surgery, we’re there to explain their legal options.
Gallon, Takacs & Boissoneault helps people of all walks of life – working adults, elderly adults, disabled individuals, children, teens. We help anyone injured in an accident that someone else caused and is in need of legal representation. With over 60 years of experience, we have handled all kinds of cases and have successfully gained justice and compensation for our clients.
Gallon, Takacs & Boissoneault helps all areas of Personal Injury, and Social Security Disability. There is no wrong door at GT&B. Our legal team addresses all of your issues and can handle all aspects of it in-house. Our attorneys and staff work closely with all the sections to make sure that every client has all of their needs met.
Here are just a few examples of the cases we handle in Michigan:
- Wrongful Death
- Auto Crashes
- Semi-Truck Crashes
- Motorcycle Crashes
- Dog Bites
- Bicycle Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injuries
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Elevator Accidents
- Machine Amputations
- Home / Apartment / Dorm Fires
- Slip and Fall Accident
- Dangerous Products
- Construction Accidents
- Farm Accidents
Michigan is a “No-Fault” State
No-Fault Insurance is required by law in Michigan. Every owner of a car must buy certain basic coverages in order to get license plates. It is against the law to drive or let your car be driven without no-fault insurance. If you have an auto accident, no-fault insurance pays for your medical expenses, wage loss benefits, replacement services, and the damage you do to other people’s property. It does not matter who caused the accident.
The Basic No-Fault Policy You Must Buy Has Three Parts:
Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- If you are hurt in an auto accident, this part of your no-fault policy will pay all reasonably necessary medical expenses with no maximum limit. It will also pay up to 85% of the income you would have earned if you had not been hurt, for up to three years. However, the amount that you would be paid for lost income is limited and the limit is revised annually. In addition, you are entitled to “up to” $20 per day in replacement services. This is to pay for routine household services which injured persons are no longer able to provide for themselves or their families, such as housekeeping and yard work.
Property Protection (PPI)
- No-fault will pay up to $1 million for damage your car does in Michigan to other people’s property, such as buildings and fences. It will also pay for damage your car does to another person’s properly parked vehicle. It does not pay for any other damage to cars.
Residual Liability Insurance – Bodily Injury and Property Damage
- Michigan law requires every Michigan vehicle owner or driver to have residual liability insurance. This insurance allows you to make a claim for money damages against the owner/driver if you sustain an injury which is not minor, or permanent serious disfigurement (scarring), or death.
You are allowed to make a claim if:
- You are injured in an accident in Michigan with a Michigan resident;
- You are involved in an accident in Michigan with a non-resident who is an occupant of a motor vehicle not registered in Michigan;
- If you are involved in an accident in another state. (michigan.gov)
Let Our Experienced Michigan Personal Injury Attorneys Protect You
There are many other aspects of the Michigan No-Fault insurance law. It can be a confusing process. It is always best to talk with our experienced Michigan Personal Injury attorneys. Let us handle the red tape and paperwork. You need to focus on healing. Contact us at (734)- 430-3012 or online for your free consultation. Let us help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.